home / company profile / our history
1927 Pacific Coast Warehouse Company was founded in 1927 in Los Angeles, California under the name of Pacific Coast Terminal Company. With 116,000 square feet, the company established its business with customers in the Tobacco industry.
1941 In 1941 the company moved to a new facility in the Central Manufacturing District Terminal as its current facility was required by the Military. Since tobacco was not only valuable but scarce in war time, it became a high risk business. Pacific Coast moved towards Food and other General Merchandise businesses.
1950 After the war, under new ownership Pacific Coast moved to a new building in Vernon, California occupying 200,000 square feet. With this space expansion and post war growth, the organization grew and prospered. It was during this time that the Pacific Coast Terminal Company began attracting Chemical and Industrial customers.
1983 Pacific Coast Terminal Warehouse Company changed its name to Pacific Coast Warehouse Corporation (PCWC) under new ownership.
1987 All operations were moved from the Central Manufacturing District Terminal 6-story building to two state-of-the-art warehouses in Chino, California occupying 625,000 square feet.
2011 Pacific Coast relocated it Corporate operations to a new facility in Ontario, California.
Company Profile >